What does this mean for Private Training Establishments?
This article from NZQA will help PTE’s to have input into the review which is open until the 31st of July. For PTE’s TEI’s are important in answering the Key Evaluative Questions in your External Evaluative Review (EER). If you want help in clarifying the new TEI’s and their impact on your organisation please call Lesley 0272897367 or email email@example.com
The tertiary evaluation indicators (TEIs) have been reviewed. This review involved significant sector input and followed eight years of using the TEIs and learning through experience, as well as new research and information that has become available.
The reviewed TEIs continue to reflect the principles of the Evaluative Quality Assurance Framework and form part of NZQA’s quality assurance processes.
What has changed?
- Clarified purpose and intent of the key evaluation questions (KEQs)
- Each KEQ linked to the most relevant indicators.
- Examples, and improved explanation for each TEI.
- Advice on how to use the indicators.
- New TEIs in the areas of data analytics, TEO compliance, and academic integrity.
- Significant improvements to TEIs related to achievement and outcomes, assessment, student engagement and TEO self-assessment (i.e. strengthening the role of ‘student voice’ in influencing their own education and educational delivery at their organisation).
- A more consistent approach to issues relating to Māori education and Mātauranga Māori, and to the achievement of priority groups (including students under 25, Māori, Pasifika and foundational literacy and numeracy).